We were given the task to create a disaster scene by just using sound. We used Sound Bible to gather a variety of sounds and then used movie plus to put the sounds together.
I devised a shot list with the camera angle and position in my house in order to know what order we would take shots and then edit them together. I spent two hours adjusting the camera and finding different angles in my room. The shot list also is our script as there isn't any dialogue, so it also shows what is actually going to happen in our opening sequence. There are a total of 28 shots in my house after that we decided where we wanted the shots outside. I had already location scouted and had a idea of where I wanted the shots
After we had decided that our film was going to be a werewolf film I decided to do research into other werewolf films, one of which is An American Werewolf in London. It is a 1981 British-American horror comedy film written and directed by John Landis . The film's plot concerns two young American men, David Kessler (played by David Naughton) and Jack Goodman (played by Griffin Dunne), attacked by a werewolf on a backpacking holiday in England . The film grossed $30.56 million at the box office. It received positive reviews from critics and o ver the years, the film has accumulated a cult following and has become a cult classic . The clip below is the second scene in the film and features David and Jack walking across the moors when the come across something growling in the distance. The camera circles around the two characters just like what the werewolf is doing. I wanted to try and do something...
Main Task Brief: Film the opening sequence of a new fiction film, including titles and soundtrack to last approximately two minutes. In our Opening sequence we need to show understanding of what makes an opening sequence. To do this we looked at opening sequences from films such as Candyman, Zombieland and Catch Me if You Can . We analysed the opening sequences and tried to work out what genre the film was depending on the connotations such as type of writing, soundtrack etc.
Comments
Post a Comment